Equus Chambers was founded in 2015 to reflect the desire of its members to practice together in a close-knit and mutually supportive legal environment; to offer to each other and to pass on to our clients the benefit of our time and experience in a focused and user-friendly environment.
We seek to maximize our members proven ability and professional availability to offer legal advice and representation of the highest possible quality: to achieve the best possible case outcomes in every instance.
Our members practice individually but can draw upon the collective experience of all members to maintain and enhance an ethos of excellence.
Our modern premises are within the heart of the CBD at the centre of the Western Australian legal precinct: we are directly opposite the new Supreme court building and 2 minutes walk from the Western Australian District and Magistrates’ courts.
- Equus is a set of Barristers’ chambers in Perth with a proven and successful record in criminal legal defence.
- Equus is a specialist criminal law environment providing genuine expertise. It brings together established, like-minded criminal lawyers with a shared commitment to providing the finest advocacy, the highest level of expertise, and the greatest determination in successful client outcomes.
- Equus offers hassle-free access to expert criminal defence advice and advocacy with clear and realistic fee structures.
- Equus provides the highest quality legal advice and advocacy at affordable prices. We use effective technology systems to allow us to work flexibly and efficiently.
- Equus provides a pool of criminal lawyers who are available to be briefed in all forms of criminal matters: large or small, at first instance or appeal.
- Equus lawyers defend at all levels however complex: including homicide, fraud, sexual abuse and drug trafficking.
- We offer:
- Direct access to specialist criminal lawyers
- A dedicated barrister-led team from start to finish
- Transparent fee structures
- A business model focused on the client.
- An attitude addressing core legal requirements not generating unnecessary work and expenditure.